Our favorite sushi place back in Northern Virginia had the MOST amazing ginger dressing on their house salad. It contained the perfect balance of spicy ginger and tart lemon, but also had a sweetness that rounded it out, making it quite pleasant. Now I know every sushi place in America has their own version of this, but this one was the best. I’m sure of it. 🙂
Once we moved to North Carolina, I attempted to recreate it for old times sake…
I’m sorry to report that my attempts were a complete and total failure. However, what I did come up with is a ginger miso dressing that deserves it’s own spot in the dressing hall of fame. AKA our refrigerator door shelf.
Dressings are always fun to make, so despite not being able to create the I wanted, something new happened and I just have to stick to daydreaming about Miyagi’s.
The best part of this Ginger Miso Dressing is that everything is thrown into a lidded jar and you shake the heck out of it. Then, voila! Or, if you would really like a smooth dressing, throw it all into a blender instead and blend away.
Try it out this blazing phoenix of ginger miso dressings and let me know what you think!
Ginger Miso Dressing
- juice from 1 lemon approximately 3-4 tablespoons
- ¼ cup miso paste
- 4 garlic cloves minced or pushed through a garlic press
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients into a pint sized jar with a leakproof lid and shake until well mixed! Another option is to add all of the ingredients to your blender and blend for a minute or two.
- It may be used right away but I recommend refrigerating the dressing for at least 1 hour before use to allow the flavors to meld.