So a bit ago, a friend of mine sent a recipe to me saying she thought my husband would probably enjoy it… She was right. It contained whiskey. He’ll eat or drink anything if it says whiskey in the title somewhere. In this instance, it was a recipe for whiskey-glazed carrots (yum!). I made them that night as a side dish with dinner but instead of using whiskey, I replaced it with a ginger-infused bourbon we previously made. Thus the Ginger Infused Bourbon Glazed Carrots were born. I’ll admit their title is a mouthful…but it’s a delicious mouthful.:-D
Ginger Infused Bourbon Glazed Carrots
- 1 stick butter cut in half
- 2-3 pounds carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup ginger infused bourbon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chives thinly sliced, for garnish (optional)
- Melt half of the stick of butter in a large skillet on high heat. Add the carrots and mix them thoroughly to brown them, about 1 minute.
- Remove the carrots from the pan and set aside.
- Add the whiskey to the skillet, allowing it to bubble and cook down a little bit.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the rest of the butter.
- Stirring, allow butter to melt and mix in the brown sugar and salt. Season to taste with pepper.
- Add the carrots back in and reduce the heat to low.
- Put a lid on the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes, raising the heat to medium-high until glaze thickens.
- Garnish with chives and serve!
Click HERE for my Ginger Infused Bourbon recipe!
Tried this recipe?Mention @hungryhappyhome or tag #hungryhappyhome!
Rate this recipe!See below to comment and leave a rating
*Adapted from The Food Network*
Leave a Reply