I have a recipe that I’ll be sharing soon (one of my favorites!) that requires Ginger Infused Bourbon. Of course you need to know how to make Ginger Infused Bourbon so first things first…Ginger compliments a lot whiskeys quite well, and not only does it make great drinks but it spices up some recipes as well!
It’s also REALLY easy to make – here’s how:
*the post below may contain affiliate links to products we use and love!* Click HERE to learn more*
Ginger Infused Bourbon
- 1 750 mL bottle bourbon of your choice
- 1 package crystallized ginger
- 2 quart sized mason jars or other clean container
- cheese cloth
- Put about 1/4 cup crystallized ginger into your jar.
- Pour one (750ml) bottle of bourbon into the container.
- Cap the container LOOSELY! The sugars in the ginger can ferment and the gas needs to be able to escape.
- Put your mixture in a cool dry place for about a week, tasting to determine if it needs to infuse longer.
- Once it's to your liking, place the cheesecloth over the mouth of the jar and pour the infused bourbon into the second clean jar to strain. You may need to strain more than once, but a bit of sediment is fine and not bad.
More drink recipes on my Pinterest board HERE!
If you’re looking for a jar, this Weck Juice Jar, is a great option!