Curry butternut squash soup is one of my personal favorites (or anything butternut for that matter)! Unfortunately, my husband doesn’t feel the same way about butternut squash as I do but this is the one way I cook it that he never turns down!
Curry Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 teaspoons granulated chicken boullion to make vegetarian, replace chicken bullion with vegetable bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 half medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled, seeded, & cut into 1” cubes
- 4 cups water
- Heat olive oil in 6 quart pot and saute garlic and onion for a few minutes.
- Add squash and saute briefly. Pour in water and the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer in pot over medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use blender to puree (in batches if necessary) until smooth...The best kitchen gadget to use for this would be an immersion/hand blender if you have it!
OPTIONAL: Garnish with sour cream
Tried this recipe?Mention @hungryhappyhome or tag #hungryhappyhome!
Rate this recipe!See below to comment and leave a rating
Leave a Reply