I learned my love of food, all of my cooking skills, and a ton of recipes from my awesome momma (seriously she can cook anything). This Pineapple Carrot Salad is something she’s been making for years…It’s a perfect summertime salad, one of the easiest recipes to make, and tasty too!
*This recipe first appeared on my other blog, The Traveler’s Nest!*
Pineapple Carrot Salad
- 1 can crushed pineapple packed in juice
- 3 cups carrots peeled and grated (about 5-6 medium sized carrots)
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or Craisins
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- sprinkle of salt
- Drain crushed pineapple, saving the juice in a cup.
- Put the pineapple in a medium sized bowl with the grated carrots.
- Add raisins.
- Stir in mayonnaise, starting with 1/4 cup and adding more to achieve your preferred amount of dressing (I usually only use the 1/4 cup). If you want less mayo, but a more moist salad, add some of the pineapple juice while stirring.
- Sprinkle the salt and celery seeds, stirring once more.
See other salad recipes on my Pinterest board HERE!