This is a super easy recipe for chickpea salad that’s perfect for picnics or to take along to a BBQ. With lemon and parsley, it makes the perfect zesty side dish that goes great with anything from the grill!
The key to making this chickpea salad successfully is to rinse, rinse, rinse, those chickpeas! A convenient way to do this is to empty the cans into a colander and run cold water over them.
Fresh squeezed lemon juice is also key. Using the bottled lemon juice just wouldn’t be the same!
The salad can be served immediately but if you have time to refrigerate it, I highly recommend it! Refrigerating it for an 1 hour (the longer the better!) really gives it time to allow the flavors to meld.
Try serving this with chicken or pork chops made with my Honey Balsamic BBQ Sauce.
5 Minute Chickpea Salad
- 2 cans chickpeas drained and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground salt and pepper to taste
- Drain chickpeas and rinse very well under cold water.
- Once the chickpeas are thoroughly rinsed, add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- The salad can be served immediately but if time allows, refrigerate it for an 1 hour (the longer the better!) before serving to allow the flavors to meld.