This is super easy recipe for kale chips that I’ve been meaning to blog for a while…. but they go so fast I haven’t been able to get decent photos! Sometimes I buy those huge bags of kale at the grocery store to use in smoothies. Inevitably, we can’t get through the bag fast enough, so I’ll make a batch of these chips to finish it off.
This time though, we used one of several monster kales grown in our garden this year:
Savory and crispy, these Ranch Kale Chips are our favorite road trip and camping snack! You only need three ingredients to make them and they’re so much healthier than regular chips…so it’s a win/win!
Kale is one of my favorite leafy greens to use as it is PACKED full of vitamins and other nutrients. Just one cup has over 100% of your daily dose of Vitamin C!
Ranch Kale Chips
- 1 bunch kale or a bag of pre-cut kale works too!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ranch seasoning to taste
Other Items needed:
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet
- gallon sized freezer bag
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line the bottom of a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash kale and use a salad spinner to remove the excess water.
- Cut or tear the leaves into “chip” sized pieces, removing the tough stems as you go.
- Put olive oil and kale into the gallon freezer bag, seal (with air inside), and shake vigorously.
- Place kale on top of the parchment paper, in a single layer on the baking sheet. Sprinkle with ranch seasoning.
- Bake until crispy, about 15-20 minutes (cooking times seem to vary depending on variety of kale etc.), checking periodically. They should have just a hint of brown on the edges.