This yummy Korean cuisine inspired meal will be on your table in less than 20 minutes (faster if you have rice already cooked)! This is our family’s FAVORITE quick meal so let me know what you think!
Easy Korean Beef Bowls
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes add more to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 3 cloves fresh garlic minced (I like to use a garlic press)
- 1 pound ground beef or bison
- 2 green onion sliced
- sesame seeds for garnish
- Prepare rice per the instructions on the package.
- Using a small bowl, mix together the first six ingredients: soy sauce, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, fresh ginger, and fresh garlic.
- Cook the ground beef over medium high for about 7-10 minutes until browned.
- Turn heat to low and pour mixture made in step 2 over the ground beef. Allow it to so simmer for 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with green onion and sesame seeds, if desired.
Optional: Some great things to serve with it are sliced fresh cucumbers or carrots, and kimchi!
Tried this recipe?Mention @hungryhappyhome or tag #hungryhappyhome!
Rate this recipe!See below to comment and leave a rating
Leave a Reply