It’s been awhile since I’ve posted! Life has been quite exciting lately and Levi and I spent two months hanging out in Arkansas with my brother and Levi’s cousins…needless to say, he had a blast! We had a great time hiking and bit of a scary time living in tornado alley haha.
I’ve been looking forward to Spring (I need to see a little greenery and sun please!) but currently am looking out the window at 8 inches of snow. *SIGH*. I guess groundhog Punxsutawney Phil was right this time!
If you’re tired of winter, like me, try my Basil Whiskey Sour recipe below for a taste of spring!
Basil Whiskey Sour
- 1 ounce lemon juice freshly squeezed (typically a half lemon or more)
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces whiskey of your choice
- 2 large fresh basil leaves
- lemon peel for garnish
- 1 small basil leaf for garnish
- Add lemon juice, simple syrup, whiskey and basil to cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the basil leaves. (be careful not to over muddle!)
- Add a handful of ice to shaker and shake vigorously until shaker has frosted on the outside.
- Pour over large ice cube and garnish with lemon and small basil leaf.