It’s been a while! As I’m sure most of you agree….this year has been CRAZY. My last blog post was in February and since then…well, we all know about the pandemic and then relocating to another state made for a wild ride. We lived in a hotel for about a month, which is a little bonkers with a 5 year old and a 1 year old, ha! Adapting to all of the changes has certainly had its challenges. But, we made it. Our things have finally arrived and we absolutely love North Carolina. It truly feels like home. But now I need to make it smell like home too; by baking up a batch of my Banana Oatmeal Cookies :-).
Bananas were a staple during our move and whenever I have some bananas that are past the point of eating fresh but aren’t bad yet, I like to throw them in the freezer for later use…unfortunately that happens more often than I care to admit! I know we can’t be the only family that this happens to, so let’s not have those bananas go to waste! Bake up a batch of the cookies and keep them on hand for when you need to grab a snack (or even breakfast!) while heading out the door!
Like this recipe for Banana Oatmeal Cookies? Try my Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread with Vanilla Bourbon Glaze or check out my PINTEREST!
Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 ½ sticks butter room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bananas mashed (about 2-3 bananas, depending on size)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups flour or favorite “cup for cup” flour alternative
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, egg, salt, bananas and vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, stir together the flour, rolled oats, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and chia seeds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until blended well.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, drop rounded tablespoons of the cookie dough about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until lightly browned.