We don’t have a pup (much to Levi’s disappointment) but we do have lots of doggy friends and these super easy Sweet Potato Dog Treats were a hit with all of them! Plus, with the holidays coming up, these also make excellent gifts for your favorite furry friends. Happy Baking!
I first shared this recipe on my old blog The Traveler’s Nest!
*this post may contain affiliate links to products we use and love!* Click HERE to learn more*
Checkout my PINTEREST board all about pets!
Sweet Potato Dog Treats
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled, steamed and mashed (approximately 1 cup) you can also use cooked pumpkin as an alternative!
- 1/4 cup pear or apple sauce (the small baby food jars are the perfect amount and contain no added sugar). Feel free to use another fruit or vegetable as long as it is safe for the puppies!
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until dough forms.
- Put the dough onto well floured surface and form into a ball. You may need to add extra flour so that it's not sticky.
- Flour a rolling pin and roll the ball of dough out in to a sheet around 1/2 inch thick.
- Use small cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes until they are crispy and just slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and use a spatula to place the treats on a rack to cool.
- Give to pup and make pup happy!
These are the Mini Cookie Cutters that I use frequently. There's also many other options on Amazon as well!
Tried this recipe?Mention @hungryhappyhome or tag #hungryhappyhome!
Rate this recipe!See below to comment and leave a rating
My three poodles love these treats! Definitely a keeper!
Can you use an egg replacer?
I’ve never tried it but I imagine it would work… If you do try, please let me know and I’d love to update my post to include that info!
Can you use this recipe in an electric dog treat maker?
Hi Nannette! I had no idea they make such a thing- sounds neat! If you do try to make it in the dog treat maker, I would love to know how it turns out 🙂
I it’is necessary to keep in the refirgerator?
While it’s not *absolutely* necessary, I believe it would be best. There are no preservatives so they will last much longer refrigerated than not. 🙂
Both of my doggies love these so easy to make thank you
So simple and fast. Doggies loved them!
It was so easy to make. I made them smaller so the little ones can enjoy too!They all absolutely LOVE these treats!♥️
It makes me so happy to hear your fur babies enjoy these!😄
How should these be stored and how long do they last? Thanks!
Hello! I would store them in a sealed container or bag in the refrigerator for up to a week 🙂