A little bit of cinnamon and sugar, pancake mix and a lot of apples makes my Cinnamon Apple Bake the perfect tasty dish to serve up for breakfast or brunch. It comes together super easy…you’ll be using the “just add water” type of pancake mix (we are partial to the Kodiak Cakes brand with the protein) and it makes your home smell absolutely wonderful in the process!
*this post may contain affiliate links to products we use and love!* Click HERE to learn more*
Did you make this recipe? Tag @hungryhappyhome on Instagram so that I can check it out!
Cinnamon Apple Bake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5-7 medium sized apples about 10 if they're small
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups water or milk
- 1 cup pancake mix the "just add water type"
- 1 cup quick oats
Mixture to Sprinkle on Top
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- Peel and slice apples (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Using an over safe pan on medium to medium high heat, melt the butter and add the apples. Add 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook, stirring occasionally so that they do not burn, until they are softened. Remove from heat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, pancake mix and oats.
- Pour the batter over the apples in the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon and sugar on top of the batter.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until thoroughly cooked.