This recipe for Cinnamon Chipotle Sweet Potatoes will let you switch up that traditional holiday sweet potato side dish. It seems that sweet potatoes get regulated to holiday meals but I’m all for eating sweet potatoes ALL year! They’re so yummy and packed full of vitamins! The spicy chipotle pairs well with the natural sweetness of the sweet potatoes and the cinnamon adds just a touch of nostalgia.
If you hadn’t noticed, I love sweet potatoes! Not only are they a super food, but they’re pretty versatile. And unpopular opinion: I like sweet potato pie better than pumpkin. There. I said it. Got that off my chest.
Let me know in the comment section below which you like better…sweet potato pie or pumpkin pie?!
Check out a few other of my Sweet Potato Recipes:
Kasha Grain Bowls -this recipe makes the PERFECT topping to put on the bowls. Kasha and sweet potato are a perfect match!
Sweet Potato Dog Treats – Can’t forget man’s best friend!
Cinnamon Chipotle Sweet Potatoes
- 2½ lbs sweet potatoes washed, peeled and cubed into 1" pieces
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder add more to taste, if desired
- drizzle of honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a large baking sheet with your favorite cooking oil spray.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, cinnamon, chipotle and honey
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into 1" cubes (doesn't have to be exact) and place them in a large bowl.
- Pour the butter mixture over the cubed sweet potatoes and stir until the pieces are evenly coated.
- Pour the sweet potatoes out onto the baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, stirring once about half way through the cooking time.