For part of this recipe, you’ll need to make my Ginger Miso Dressing first. If you’re just joining us, you can find that HERE! I know you’re probably wondering why sweet potato and baby bok choy – it seems like a strange combination- but I promise you it’s soooo good. However, the miso dressing is what really brings it all together! This dish alone has a robust flavor so I like to serve it with something that will compliment it and not over power it. Like a simply seasoned baked chicken or tilapia (tilapia is our personal favorite to go with this).
Sweet Potato and Baby Bok Choy with Ginger Miso Dressing
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut in 1" pieces
- 1 lbs baby bok choy washed and cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup ginger miso dressing
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into approximately 1" pieces.
- Add 1 to 1 ½ inch of water to a pot with a steamer basket (you will want the water just below the bottom of the steamer basket) and turn the heat to high.
- Add the sweet potato pieces to the steamer basket and cover with a lid. Bring to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, lower the heat to medium. Cook the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash the baby bok choy and cut in half lengthwise.
- Once the sweet potatoes have steamed for 10 minutes, carefully add the baby bok choy to the pot. Steam both the sweet potatoes and the bok choy for 5 more minutes until they are just tender. Remove from heat.
- Put the sweet potatoes and the bok choy in a large bowl or platter and pour the dressing over top. All more dressing to taste, if desired. Serve immediately.