Phew! That title is a mouthful! But it’ll be a delicious one! With the addition of Caribbean Black Beans and Fresh Orange Salsa, this baked Crusted Tilapia will be one of the best dishes you cook up!
Make the orange salsa first, set it in the fridge to meld while the other two dishes get prepared. The prep (chopping veggies etc) for the black beans comes next. Preheat the oven and prepare the tilapia filets. Then finally start the black beans… they should be one the stove cooking while the fish is baking in the oven. Put the fish in after that and everything should be ready about the same time.
You can eat the baked Crusted Tilapia with whatever you’d like but I recommend at least trying it with the black beans and topped with the fresh orange salsa from my previous blog posts. It’s a combination that you don’t want to miss out on.
Tilapia is one of my favorite fish to cook. I like the mild buttery flavor and the meaty texture. I’m a big fan of the “steak” like fish!
Tilapia should be cooked until the internal temperature reaches at least 145 degrees F and the flesh of opaque white a flakes easily.
Baked Crusted Tilapia
- 4 tilapia filets thawed per package instructions, if previously frozen
- juice from half a lemon
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup panko crumbs
- Preheat the over to 400° F.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the tilapia filets on the parchment and squeeze the juice of the lemon over them.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl and mix in the garlic powder, cumin and paprika.
- Brush the butter mixture over the filets.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the panko crumbs over the tops in an even coat.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. The fish should reach an internal temperature of 145° F and be flaky and opaque.
Check out my other MAIN DISH recipes or my SEAFOOD board on Pinterest!