Ginger Apple Slaw is sweet and tangy with just the right amount of gingery kick to it! It’s goes wonderfully with grilled meats, chicken tacos (it’s AWESOME on tacos) or with pulled pork. As a side dish you don’t have to cook, it’s on the table within minutes and there’s nothing better delicious food with minimal effort 😉.
How to Make Ginger Apple Slaw:
So, there’s actually several different ways you can make this recipe.
- Food Processor
- My instructions to make the recipe this way are below. It’s the least labor intensive and quickest way to make the recipe… but definitely not the only way!
- Food Grater
- If you have a food grater, use the medium size on the cabbage, apple, and carrot.
- Good Ol’ Knife Skills
- Put your knife skills and muscles to work by finely chopping the cabbage, apple, and carrot. It may take longer, but you’ll still end up with a delicious result!
One of my other favorite things about this dish is the beautiful color! It not only tastes good, but looks impressive on the table. So fancy!
Ginger Apple Slaw
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 inch piece raw ginger peeled and finely grated
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ small red cabbage (you need at least 3 cups when chopped)
- 1 apple peeled and cored
- 1 carrot peeled
- In a medium sized bowl, add the vinegar, grated ginger, sugar, olive oil and salt. Stir until sugar and salt are dissolved.
- Cut cabbage into chunks and process in a food processor until it reaches the desired consistency. Empty into the bowl with the dressing.
- Do the same with the apple and carrot separately.
- After you add the apple and carrot, stir the slaw well to mix with the dressing.