I recently acquired a lot of berries (AKA I bought too much) and after a dear friend invited us over for brunch, it was decided that I was too bring along a mixed berry fruit salad…a great way to not let all that fruit go to waste!
I’ve never made a mixed berry fruit salad before so I hunted for a good recipe but couldn’t really find what I was looking for…so I ended up doing what I do best…making up my own! Our friends approved so I hope you all will like as well!
Mixed Berry Fruit Salad
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and cut into quarters
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup honey
- In medium sized bowl, combine lime juice and honey.
- Wash all fruit and hull/cut strawberries. Add fruit to bowl.
- Gently mix to cover fruit with dressing.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon to dressing before adding fruit
- garnish with 1 teaspoon finely chopped mint leaves