Hummus is a big thing in our family. We love it! But did you know you can make it for a fraction of the cost….and it’s fresh (double win!) I came up with this roasted garlic hummus recipe that’s quickly become our go-to appetizer or snack. Let me know what you think!
*This recipe first appeared on my other blog, The Traveler’s Nest!*
Roasted Garlic Hummus with Lemon
- 1 can garbanzo beans drained, with liquid set aside
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3-4 cloves roasted garlic see notes section
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Drain liquid from the can of garbanzo beans and set aside.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor (or blender) and blend using the liquid set aside from the can of beans to reach desired consistency (in my experience about 3-4 tablespoons).
- Eat as is, or top with your favorite garnishes!