So this recipe happened out of equal parts accident and desperation…It was 7 o’clock on a weeknight, I hadn’t made dinner (this is WAY past our usual eatin’ time of around 5:30), the kids were upset and I was trying to make something to feed them as fast as possible. Thus the Vegetable Beef Skillet was born!
I knew I had leftover cooked white rice so that was definitely going to be a part of whatever it was I was making. Add in some odds and ends of vegetables and we were in business. I chose to add in vegetables that I knew were Levi’s favorites but the possibilities are endless with this meal. The beef and rice are basic and could easily have different flavor profiles depending on what spices and vegetables you use. I would love to hear about how you’ve made this recipe your own!
Did you make this Vegetable Beef Skillet? Tag @hungryhappyhome on Instagram so that I can check it out!
Vegetable Beef Skillet
- 1 lb ground beef bison or venison make good alternatives as well
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup frozen chopped green beans
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- If you do not already have cooked rice, prepare rice according to the package.
- Over medium high heat, brown the ground beef, using a spatula to break it in to small pieces as it cooks.
- Add the taco seasoning to the beef and stir to combine throroughly.
- Add the mushrooms, green beans and can of diced tomatoes. Stir.
- Lower the temperature to medium-low and cover. Stir occasionally to make sure it does not burn. Cook for about 10-12 minutes until the mushrooms and green beans are cooked.
- Season to taste with black pepper and enjoy!