I wouldn’t exactly say this is your “classic” meatloaf recipe but it’s pretty close! I’m just a big fan of things packed with flavor so I’ve taken out the plain old powdered garlic and onion and replaced with fresh stuff.
I think fresh is almost always better but hey, maybe that’s just me!
Try serving this dish with my Roasted Potato Wedges– it’s a perfect pairing!
It’s all in the Sauce
Aside from making sure your meatloaf isn’t dry, the sauce is what really makes it fantastic. So feel free to make extra to serve along with it! There will be a bit left over from my recipe below, but maybe you’ll want more… it’s sooo good!
What kind of beef should you use?
Stick with 85-90% beef. You want the meatloaf to be tender and not too dry. Basically, you need the fat in the beef to achieve this!
Amazing Meatloaf (with the BEST Sauce)
- 1 lbs. ground beef
- 1 lbs. ground pork
- 1 small to medium sized onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves fresh garlic minced or pressed
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ⅔ cup bread or panko crumbs
- 1 tbsp barbeque sauce
- 1 tbsp old fashioned mustard
- 1 ½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
The Best Glaze
- ½ cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 garlic clove pressed or minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, add all of the meatloaf ingredients together and mix until incorporated with a large spoon or your hands.
- Add all ingredients to a loaf baking pan and bake, uncovered, for 55 minutes.
- After 55 minutes, remove the meatloaf from the oven and spread the sauce on top. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 160° F.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
The BEST Glaze
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until well mixed. Set aside.
Another way to make it: Mini Meatloaf!
Follow meatloaf instructions 1 and 2 above.
Instead of using a loaf pan in Step 3, press the meat mixture into the cups of a standard 12 cup cupcake pan.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes, remove from oven, and spread the sauce on top of the mini meatloaves. Return the pan to the oven and bake for an additional 12-15 minutes. The internal temperature should read 160 degrees F when taken with a meat thermometer inserted in the middle.
Check out my other MAIN DISH recipes or my BEEF recipe board on Pinterest!
Beautiful recipe! Thought it may be a bit sweet for me (sauce) but no! Delicious, hubby says I need to make this every week!! Thank you 😀😀
I am not particularly a fan of meatloaf but this one won my heart! This is the best meatloaf I ever had!
Used your sauce on Ina’s meatloaf recipe and it was amazing.
The most delicious meatloaf I’ve had. Made it for my husband and he loved it. Definitely making again. Thank you for sharing this wonderful easy recipe!
Great recipe, love the sauce. Made it twice now. I like making the mini-meatloafs in my cupcake pan. I love to individually wrap them in foil, then heat up 2 for lunch. So delicious and the perfect size for lunch.
This is our favorite way to make them as well! So glad you enjoy it!